Friday, July 18, 2008

Alec's Interesting Week!
Poor Alec has had a hard week, it started out with seeing the opthamologist. He has exotropia in his right eye, which means the muscles are weak and so his eye tends to drift randomly. He now gets to wear an eye patch for 2 months, 2 hours a day and at that point we will go back to the doctor to see if it is getting better or if he needs surgery. So we are praying that the eye patch works.
Then on Thursday morning we went to the Timpanogous Hospital to have tubes put in Alec's ears. He has had 6 ear infections in the past 8 months. So the tubes were a necessary procedure!

The Surgery went great! He did so good and was so brave. He was a little fussy after the surgery but as soon as he took a nap he was fine! He is such a good boy! We love him so much!Bum shot! :)


5 comments:

April said...

I am sooo excited that we get to stay in touch now!

Alec is such a cutie. Poor little dude sure DID have a hard week! We'll be praying that the eye patch does the trick!

Ashley Bogard said...

Ange- What a rough week! I work for an optometrist and the patching thing will work! It is really common. What a little trooper!

Katie James said...

So I know that everything must have been really tramatic for you... but I LOVE the pictures of Big Al in his hospital gown! I didn't even know they made them that small. So cute. PS- sorry it was a rough week

hknight said...

Poor guy with his little pirate eye patch! You should color them black and put a skull on them! Tubes RULE, they made the biggest difference for Easton, and the surgey is so short and simple! Hope all goes better from now on!

Nicolle said...

Poor little guy! He is such a trooper! I hope the patch helps and he gets better soon!