Monday, February 9, 2009

4 year/15 mo Dr's well check up
Ethan's Stats
41.5 inches tall-- 77th percentile
41 lbs-- 86th percentile
Alec's Stats
34.25 inches tall--99th percentile
27 lbs-- 85th percentile

Crazy Boy!!

So what are the odds that you are at your well check up appointment and your child cuts open his chin?? Yes Alec had his first experience with stitches at the Dr's office while I was talking to the doctor and my boys were being crazy. Alec was trying to climb up these wooden stairs and slipped and split his chin right open and bit his tongue. I freaked out because this was my first experience with stitches. (Ethan is so much calmer than Alec!) So we were at the Dr's office from 2:30 to 5 pm. It was horrible. That was probably the hardest thing I have had to do. I had to hold Alec down for over an hour and watch the Dr. sew up his chin. I am so glad that that experience is over!! That night he was up and running again! Oh and during this whole thing, I had to have Ethan pee in a cup. It of course was his first time and he was so confused, he said, "Mom I have to pee in the cup and then they're going to make me drink it?" At least we got a good laugh out of that!! :)

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh dear. you're likely to go insane spending that much time at the drs. poor little Alec! and mom should get a prize. I can sympathize, I had to hold Tad while they cut around his burned hand. so hard!

haley said...

That is so sad! Atleast you were in the right place. I think 2nd children are just born wilder. That's how mine are.

Sperry Family said...

I feel for you. Carter had stitches last year on his chin too and it was horrible. I took him to the ER though so they would put him out. I've held way too many kids during stitches and it is not fun! Luckily you will never see the scar! Hope he recovers well!

Lindsay Carrick said...

Sooo sad for little Alec! But me & Chris just got a good laugh out of Ethan's line. That is hilarious! We'll have to all do a movie night sometime!

April said...

Look at how cute they are!