Saturday, November 8, 2008

Alec's Eye Surgery
Alec had surgery on his right eye yesterday up at primary children's medical center. We had to be there at 7 am to check in and then we waited till about 8:30 am when they finally took Alec back for surgery. It was the hardest hour and a half because he couldn't have any food/drink and he was so tired from getting up at the crack of dawn.
Taking his blood pressure


All dressed and ready for surgery


We had to get a "back" picture


Playing with the wall toys


Grandma trying to entertain Alec


Josh was confused who was having the surgery :)
We were so tired!!


"Hey get off of my bed Dad!"

Alec and Grandma
I can't thank my mom enough for coming up and supporting us through this whole thing! And thank you for bringing your bag of books, and toys to keep Alec occupied!
We love you so much!!


The surgery went smooth. The surgeon said Alec did great! They cut the muscles on both sides of the eye to readjust the eye. They put 8 stitches in his eye so he is having a hard time not wanting to itch and itch and itch it. That has been a challenge but he is doing well. We are praying that his eye will heal correctly. We won't know for at least 2 weeks.
He is on drugs here so he is really happy! :)
We love you Alec!

12 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh, cute Alec! He was such a tough little boy! I hope it heals up well!

Katie James said...

Poor Bugga! Hope everything heals well! Thinkin' of you!

Shannon & Summer said...

I din't know Alec was going to have eye surgery! Wow. I hope he is doing OK and I hope the surgery turns out to be a success!

Nicolle said...

Oh poor Alec! Im so glad everything went well! How cute is your mom, so prepared!

haley said...

Probably gonna be a long two weeks huh? Hope everything goes well!

Mink News said...

Oh, I hope that his eye heals well. Casen had surgery when he was 3 months old and I remember how hard it was before the surgery when he couldn't eat anything either.

Ashley Bogard said...

That can't be fun! He looks like he did great. Kids are tough and heal fast! Hope all goes good

Lindsay Carrick said...

I'm so glad the surgery went good and I hope he recovers fast! We love you guys

Janet said...

Poor little guy! I hate it when little kids have to have surgery- so sad!! I hope he is doing well.

Caprice Erickson said...

Poor little buddy... hope all went well!

Pam and Rand said...

It brings back memories of Oliver's heart surgery at Primary's. Trama - Trama - Trama!
I hope he gets well soon!

Laura said...

How sad! But how cute is he?! What a little trooper! Hope everything heals well and fast!